TikTok X Instagram Facebook
A LIV Golf flag flies at a tournament venue

(Photo courtesy of LIV Golf)

LIV Golf Cancels Michigan Finale, Pulls Concerts

LIV Golf confirmed Monday that its season-ending Team Championship, originally scheduled for August 27-30 at The Cardinal at Saint John’s Resort in Michigan, will not take place. This week’s event outside Indianapolis will instead serve as the final tournament of the 2026 season.

The league said LIV Golf Indianapolis will “celebrate an Indianapolis Champion, the 2026 Season Individual Champion and top three finishers and the 2026 Team Champion.” The four-day stroke play event runs Aug. 20-23 at The Club at Chatham Hills, where 57 players will compete for the individual title, final spots in the season-long standings, and the team crown across all 13 rosters.

“By concluding the season now, we can put our full resources behind what comes next and maintain the operational rigor this transition demands,” LIV Golf CEO Scott O’Neil said in a statement. “We are reimagining LIV Golf as a fundamentally new league owned by the players and anchored in a sustainable business model, with an evolved fan experience built for the markets where the game is growing fastest across the globe and the support of world-class partners.”

LIV also thanked the Pulte Family Foundation, which owns The Cardinal, for its partnership on the now-scrapped event.

RELATED: LIV Golf Announces It Has Landed a Lead Investor to Fund the League Into 2027

The league also announced changes to the entertainment lineup for Indianapolis. Thomas Rhett and Disco Lines were informed their scheduled live performances will no longer take place.

“Due to unavoidable changes in the entertainment program for LIV Golf Indianapolis, the League informed Thomas Rhett and Disco Lines that their live musical performances will no longer take place,” the league said in its statement. “LIV Golf recognizes the disappointment these changes may bring for fans, local stakeholders, Thomas Rhett and Disco Lines, and appreciates the significant time and effort invested by the artists and their teams.”

Per Golf.com, the cancellations followed weeks of scrubbed evidence pointing to the concerts’ demise. Disco Lines’ official tour listing never included the Indianapolis date, and Rhett’s website removed its Indianapolis stop from ticket links Monday afternoon. Press releases announcing both performers, originally published in late March and mid-May, had also been removed from LIV’s website.

The Michigan cancellation had been expected for weeks. Cleeks GC captain Martin Kaymer told Today’s Golfer in late July that the team championship had roughly a “five percent” chance of happening, and multiple reports indicated no tournament infrastructure had been built at The Cardinal despite the event’s approaching date. LIV stopped selling Michigan tickets last week, and the league said ticket holders will receive refunds.

Michigan marks the second LIV event canceled in 2026, following the postponement of LIV Golf Louisiana in New Orleans, which was never rescheduled.

RELATED: Jon Rahm Expected to Leave LIV Golf After 2026 Season

The cancellation comes as LIV works to secure new financial backing. Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, which has invested more than $5 billion in the league since its 2022 launch, announced in April it would end its financial support after the 2026 season. O’Neil said earlier this month that LIV had reached an agreement with an unnamed “lead investor” to fund a new version of the league starting in 2027, though terms of that deal have not been disclosed.

Jon Rahm has already clinched the individual season title for the third consecutive year. This week’s Indianapolis event will determine the final standings for second and third place, along with the team championship among LIV’s 13 rosters.